In certain environments users can encounter errors when searching within the Vault Collaboration 2011 Update 1 and Vault Professional 2011 Update 1 client applications (including the web client). An error message appears referring to Error 179 or 226 or 227 and the grid is unable to display the search results. Invariably Windows Authentication is implemented on the server.
When viewing the vlogs on the server they see one or more of the following entries:-
- IOError  Could not load file or assembly 'Lucene.Net'
- IOError  Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib
- IOError  Lock obtain timed out
- Exception(Inner): Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\[VaultName]\segments' is denied.
- Exception(Inner): Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\[VaultName]\*****.del' is denied.
- Could not find file "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\Indexes\[VaultName]\_****.fnm"
Could not load file or assembly 'Lucene.Net, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.
Autodesk is currently preparing a permanent fix for this issue which should be released in the Vault Knowledgebase in the coming weeks. However, in the meantime, if you are using Vault Collaboration 2011 (Server) Update 1, Vault Professional 2011 (Server) Update 1 with Windows Authentication enabled in IIS, please follow through the steps in this document:- Lucene Error 227.
If the attached solution does not address this issue, please apply Vault 2011 Update 2. This changes made in the above link are implemented in Update 2