Use the following steps for installing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management Studio Express:
- Download the installation files from Microsoft’s download center. The files are not included with the Vault program.
- Start the installation process. In the SQL Server Installation Center select New SQL Server stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation from the installation menu.
- The installation process installs any necessary prerequisites and begins running the pre-installation checks. Note any errors and take the necessary corrective actions before continuing.
- In the Installation Type window, select Perform a new installation of SQL Server 2008.
- In the Feature Selection window, select Management Tools - Basic.
Verify the installation options chosen and Install. Once the installer has finished, it can be closed.