The direct access and editing of the Vault database is strictly prohibited. Autodesk will provide NO ASSISTANCE to an install with a modified database.
This rule also applies to the server file store.
All access to the Vault server data must go through the Web Service API. If it is not possible to achieve the desired functionality through the API, it should be assumed that it is outside Vault's design parameters and therefore not supported. In this situation, you can log a Support Request and ask for this to be supported in a future version.
Here are some examples of prohibited actions:
- Adding rows to a Vault table
- Updating rows in a Vault table
- Adding or updating triggers to Vault tables
- Adding or updating Vault stored procedures
- Adding or updating Vault table constraints
- Adding columns to a Vault table
- Adding tables to a Vault database
- Adding databases to a Vault SQL Server instance
- Replacing a file in the file store
- Deleting anything in a Vault database or file store
Database maintenance actions are allowed. These actions include things like re-indexing, backup, and defragment.