Direct access and editing of the Vault database is not supported. Autodesk can provide no assistance once it has been established that the database has been modified manually. This rule also applies to the server file store.
All access to the Vault server data must go through the Web Service API. If it is not possible to achieve the desired functionality through the API, it should be assumed that it is outside Vaults design parameters and therefore not supported. In this situation you can log a Support Request and ask for this to be supported in a future version.
Here are some examples of prohibited actions:
- Adding rows to a Vault table
- Updating rows in a Vault table
- Adding or updating triggers to Vault tables
- Adding or updating Vault stored procedures
- Adding or updating Vault table constraints
- Adding tables to a Vault database
- Adding columns to a Vault table
- Replacing\Deleting\Moving a file in the file store
- Deleting any entries in a Vault database
- Using SQL Management Studio to manually Attach, Delete, Backup or Restore Vault or Vault Library databases to the AUTODESKVAULT instance.
- Modifying users or security in the AUTODESKVAULT SQL instance
- Adding another database to the AUTODESKVAULT SQL instance.
- Changing default settings within the AUTODESKVAULT instance unless otherwise sanctioned by Autodesk.
Making changes to replicated environments is not supported unless executed from the ADMS Console.
Database maintenance actions are allowed. These commands include re-indexing, and backup. Autodesk does not recommend Defragmenting any of the database within the AUTODESKVAULT instance for performance reasons.